Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Taking the challenge with Mou



Hello there.

We are down to 14 days until Christmas.  How are your holiday projects coming along???  

 I took some time this weekend to complete some handmade gifts.  I have been playing around with some mixed media.  I wanted to make something for a dear friend.  She really loves to put together and frame puzzles.  I seem to buy her one every year.  This year I though I'd try something different.  

I raided my son's room and found a dollar store puzzle that he would not be putting together anytime soon.  I used two coats of gesso to hide the image.  Then painted the pieces with silk acrylic paints.  The stamped images and heat embossed the puzzle pieces.  




I then layered papers on the art board and used acrylic paint and my gelatos to achieve the background color and texture.  Added more texture with some modeling cream and Ferro.  

This is actually the first piece I have shared with anyone.  

I will admit.  After I took the photo, I decided it need a little sparkle.  
So I added some distress stickles.  

I hope my friend enjoys this piece.  

Thanks checking in

Teresa



I will be entering this project in the following challenges

Design Memory Crafts - Take the challenge with Mou - December.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful bag! I love those altered puzzle pieces!!! Very creative and unique! Way to go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete