Sunday, April 7, 2013

Farm Fresh Friday - Bling It



This weeks challenge on the Splendid Stamping with the Greeting Farm it Bling it.    I really challenged myself making this stepped card..  I think it took me a couple of hours to complete.  The grass is what challenged me the most.  I used one of the old Sizzix die.  The die was not long enough to make it across the card, so I had to piece the grass together.  I started adding layers to over the seams.  In my opinion the end result was fantastic.

I will also be entering my fun card in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog.




To make a stepped card you have to start with a 12 x 5-1/2" strip of paper.  Score it at 3", 6", 8", 10" and 11".  This will create a 1" step and 2" and a 3" step.  

I overlapped the paper on each step so that it was higher then the step.  I made sure that the paper covering the 3" step measure 4-1/4, for a standard envelope.  








5 comments:

  1. Love this fold technique!! This is a great Spring time scene!!! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Teresa, so sweet and such a lovely scene.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx
    P.S Please remember to link to our challenge blog to qualify for the fabulous prize

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful step card. I love the little scene you created here. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Teresa :-) the image is adorable and the whole spring scene is so pretty :-)

    Congratulations on winning the main prize !! Well Done :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    please consider turning off word verification xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning our fabulous prize Teresa :)
    hugs Mandy x

    ReplyDelete